History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:03:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for grand dad  (Read 2536 times)
trevorover

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2009, 05:56:03 AM »

Hello every one,
During my vacation in Sri Lanka just couple of weeks back I visited Monaragala in an attempt to trace details of my grand dad but with no success.
There after I visited the Planters association and then went through the Ferguson's Directories but still did not get any where.
The name is ....some thing....Baker and he could have been either a Manager or an assistant at Kumarawatte estates in Monaragala during 1911, 1912....
Going through the F. directories I came accross a H.H Baker who is listed as an assistant Manager at Monarakele estate in Monaragala who may or may not be the person I am looking for.
As told to us by my mother, my dad who was named and brought up by his foster father as 'GNANAPRAGASAM' could have been the son of Baker and could have been born out of wed lock.
My dad who was born at Kumaradolawatte estate whilst Baker vanished or returned to England, went on to work in the same estate but doesn't seem to have had a clue or hated his father for abandoning him and perhaps did not want to pass on history to us.
How ever, making further details short I am looking to find out first names etc and match them with my DNA.
Yes my DNA results are all far from Sri Lankan origin.
Hoping some one will write to me.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: