History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
September 18, 2018, 09:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: General posted by David Schokman  (Read 2887 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »

FROM THE OLD FORUM

(lizaline@bigpond.net.au)

In March this year I made a comment on this site and since then have had many replies "from the past" . It is more than obvious that we had a great life with good friends that will never be repeated for anyone.

However, this site needs to expand. If every one of us gets a friend to give their details in it will snowball very quickly.

When in S/L recently I collected details from some planters details as they had no e-mail. I met old friends like Tissa and Saliya Atapattu. Dennis Ratwatte, Sumedha Moonesinghe,Tony Whitham and Rex Ludowyke on holiday from Australia. Stayed with Vernon and Marlene Tissera in Arugam Bay, and Sumedha and Lorraine Moonesinghe at Rosevilla in Bandarawela. Also did a nostalgia train trip from Bandarawela going through all the old estates that we knew. They still look pretty good.

PS. To David C.T. Still havent seen Ralston Tissera, Dennis Ratwatte, Tony Whitham's details. Know that you are very busy. Old photographs are so interesting.

RE: General Michael Cooke 02/11/06 09:57

Dear David,

Ralston Tissera passed away sometime last year. He was staying with Phan and Cynthia Dias when he had taken ill and Phan has rushed him to Lakeside Medical Centre where he eventually passed away of a heart attack.

Yours,

Michael.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: