History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
October 16, 2018, 11:06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Frasers/Sutherland-Frasers posted by Liza  (Read 2549 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »

FROM THE OLD FORUM

(carmilla5@hotmail.com)

Hi everyone, just come across this site, its fabulous. Just sent the link to my dad William Royston Sutherland Fraser who was born in Nuwara Eliya in 1930. Sisters: Marie who married Ken Peddie; Rose who married Roger Somerville and Anne who married Ian Ritchie. Dad came to Australia in the 50s. His family stayed there till the early 70s. His father was a planter (Bill Sutherland Fraser, Rangalla Group, Rangalla; Angroowella Estate, Urugala etc) in that area as was his father Angus Charles Fraser (Gonamotava, Haputale etc). Would love contact with anyone who knows/remembers my family!
Warm wishes, Lisa :^)

RE: Frasers/Sutherland-Frasers M.W. Cooke 06/06/07 11:32

Hi Liza,

I do remember Ken Peddie of Sandringham/Balmoral fame. In fact my uncle Horace took over Ouvahkelle from him. Roger Sommerville was last on Queenstown Hali-ela.

Roger was on Wewessa, Badulla when my Uncle Horace was on Yelverton, Hali-Ela that was in the late 1970's.

I heard that Roger had passed away in UK of Parkingsons.

I knew that Ian Ritchie planted on Dambatenne, Haputale but did not know him in person.

The only Mr. Surtherland-Frazer I remember was the one who planted on Maliboda Group, Dereneyagala. He was thoroughly Ceylonized and continued planting on private estates viz Donside, Nawalapitiya, Ambawela Boragas, Hapugolla Vilanagama to name a few.

Duleep Goonerante informed that Rogers wife was ill and is being looked after by her daughter. He got this information from Mike Clark formerly of El-Teb, Passara. Roger was Duleep's Visiting Agent when he was on Harangala, Kotmale.

I trust that this information will be of some interest to you.

Yours,

Michael.

RE: Frasers/Sutherland-Frasers Trilby Reimers 07/08/07 09:12

(reimers_tr@hotmail.com)

Hello

My Father John Hayward was SD on Maliboda Group at Dereniyagala and reported to Mr Sutherland Fraser.

I remember my Dad telling me that Mr Sutherland Fraser was a very hard taskmaster! Dad later went onto to work for George Stuart and Co and managed Great Western Group Talawakelle, Troupe Estate and finally settled on Morar Estate Bogowantalwa. He died in November 1994.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: