History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
August 17, 2018, 09:13:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Nothing new?
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Forres bungalow and the hazard of inebriated neighbours!  (Read 2369 times)
Ian Gardner
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:34:04 AM »

The Forres  PD's bungalow was situated some 100 metres down a steep slope below one of the few, sharp, hairpin bends on the road to the Moray estate SD's division and bungalow.
On one occasion in about 1961 the Moray SD and his wife, long time friends of mine, had had dinner with us on Forres. As was to be expected, the Moray SD got considerably inebriated.
Not long afterwards, though after we had retired to bed, our bungalow watcher knocked on our window to announce that the Moray Dorai was having trouble negotiating the bend above the bungalow and could roll down into the bungalow. My recollection is that I had a good chuckle and said, 'Everything will be alright; just keep watch and let me know if anything happens.' So much for good friends! Grin
Normally, to reach the bend in question would have taken just a few minutes so something, apart from the change of drivers from one inebriated to one almost completely inexperienced, had taken place after they left the Forres bungalow.
Report to moderator   Logged

Whatever is happening outside keep laughing on the inside!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: