History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Search Tips  (Read 2138 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:47:48 PM »

Photo Album User Tips

While many might find navigating within the Photo Album initially confusing, it will be a piece of cake once you understand how it works and I’m certain that its comprehensive and detailed search capability will be appreciated by you eventually, particularly as the image database increases.

With this system, you don’t have to go through the entire photo album if all you are after is a photo of an ‘Ian Gardener’ or a ‘Phan Dias’, or a factory, estate and so on. This system allows you to narrow your search down by offering you a variety of criteria that will enable you to zero in on your target effortlessly.

Below are some tips on how to view the photos. (I suggest that you open the Photo Album in another window so that you can visualise it in relation to the tips below).

Once you enter the Photo Album section, the first search component that you will come across is latest additions.

Now let us go through the comprehensive search sections and categories which will assist you to pinpoint your searches, without having to sift through numerous images to get to what you might be particularly looking for.

Basically, the search is divided into four sections:

1. WORD search
2. Search by SENT BY
3. Search by PHOTOGRAPHER
4. Search by CATEGORY (i.e. tea planter, factory, etc)

The WORD search is exactly that. Just type in any word and press enter i.e. type the word “factory” and all images that contain the word “factory” in their caption will appear. Note - this section searches for words contained only in the captions of photographs.

The remaining three sections operate on a “tick the box” system. You can tick as many boxes as you wish to, while ticking just one box narrows down a search which could be more specific to your requirement.

For example, in the SENT BY section, everyone who submits images will have their name appear with a ‘tick’ box next to it. One may envisage the probability of this section becoming rather over-crowded in time, but let us tackle that when the time comes – hopefully sooner rather than later because that will mean more photos!

Kind regards,
David Colin-Thome
Editor
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: