History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
May 21, 2018, 08:56:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Photos posted by JLemphers  (Read 1669 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »

FROM THE OLD FORUM

Michael Cook’s photos of estate bungalows in Sri Lanka really tug at the heart. Its wonderful to see that most of the bungalows still stand and the old familiar estate names haven’t changed.

RE: Photos Editor 28/11/06 16:48
(davidct@dilmahtea.com)

Thank you for your comment Jean and to Michael for his photos and other material that he frequently provides us with. Hopefully we may see more photos of bungalows coming in from other sources as a result.

Regards
David Colin-Thome
Editor

RE: Photos Ian Gardner 29/11/06 14:08

At Michael Cooke's suggestion I today looked at his most recent contributions of bungalows and factories and, looking at them after 37 years, I was almost surprised that we actually lived that sort of life. When we were experiencing it seemed irrelevant but now, 'looking in' so to speak from the distance of time it is almost unbelievable!
Sadly, and understandably, maintenance has obviously been a problem.

RE: Photos JAMES 20/12/06 22:51

(cicili2004@yahoo.com.tw)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

RE: Photos Mickey Cooke. 18/01/07 07:02
(mickeycke@shaw.ca)

My Dad - Monty, aged 87, is very grateful for all the pictures on the site. With eyesite failing, he recounts who was planting and living in the bungalows mentioned. He insists that we were dinner guests at some of them. As that would have been almost 40 years ago, my brother and I dutifully agree!!!! I remember some, and will dig through all our black and whites here, and forward on, hoping they may be of interest, and tug at a few heart strings. Thanks for the wonderful work on the site, and to the contributors.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: