History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
February 22, 2020, 12:34:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ancestor KADREWELL posted by Alison  (Read 2627 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »

FROM THE OLD FORUM

(asanguy@itl.net)

I have been looking for years for my Great Great grandfather Martin Alexander Walter KADREWELL. Family rumour says he was born in Ceylon, and his marriage certificate in Jersey in 1892 would seem to partially confirm this as his father William is listed as being a planter.
Martin gave his place of birth as Jersey on his marriage certificate, but this is definately false. He also gave it as being London when he joined the merchant Navy.
Would anyone out there have ever come across the name KADREWELL or similar. Or anyone know where I might serach for a birth record. He would have been born c1867.
Many thanks Alison

RE: Ancestor KADREWELL Fazli Sameer 22/07/07 14:47
(fazlis@gmail.com)

The family name should be spelled CADIRAVEL which is the common form of its isage in Ceylon. I believe the name belongs to the Tamil community who wee originally Hindu but converted to Christianity in later years during the Colonial era.

RE: Ancestor KADREWELL asamguy 13/08/07 09:37
(asanguy@itl.net)

WOW. Thank you, after 10 years of research, a new lead. Awesome I can't believe it.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: