History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
May 25, 2018, 08:22:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: More Compliments.  (Read 3221 times)
Ian Gardner
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »

Yes, more compliments but well deserved! These go to David Colin-Thome, the developers and anyone else involved, for this excellent web site which, I believe, is still under development so we have more to look forward to.

Report to moderator   Logged

Whatever is happening outside keep laughing on the inside!
David Colin-Thomé (Editor)
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »

Thank you Ian. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout this revamping process as you have indeed since this site was first launched six years ago. Much appreciated and I look forward to your ongoing support to taking this site to even greater heights.

Kind regards,
David

"You might think I say a lot about the scenery, but if you saw it, you will not think I say too much" - pioneering tea planter James Taylor describes Ceylon in a letter to his parents in Scotland
Tonyper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:15:40 AM »

Thank you for sending me the Link to the "new" History of Tea in Ceylon. You have done a splendid job with this Link, as its Editor.

Vije Johnpillai sent this to me last week and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading, so far, the Minutes of the DMCC and the article written by Moira Colin-Thome of her visit to Killarney Estate on which I was the SD, for two years 1959-1961 when Douglas Kelly occupied the Big Bungalow and I, the spruced up Tea Maker bungalow.

Tony Perera
Asoka Fernando

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »

Hello David

I read the article about the Kelly's of Bogowantalawa by Moira Colin-Thome.

I am an ex-planter who was an SD on Kirkoswald from 1964 to to 1973 and had met Douglas Kelly once or twice . I now live in Toronto and am a very good friend of Douglas Kelly's grandson, Colin Wallace-Tarry.

I do not know whether you know that Colin's great grand father was the famous Thomas Farr who originally planted Tea in North Cove Estate in Bogo.Colin's father was also a planter who finally retired from Alma Group in Kandapola. He was the founder of the machine called the Tarry Nipper which is still used in almost all the factories in Ceylon.

Ian Gardner
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 07:42:03 AM »

Hello Asoka,
Could you enter your own details in the Planters' Register and send us all the details you can find on the others you mention so that we can enter their details too? Even if details are not complete they are better than nothing.
Many thanks,
Ian.

Whatever is happening outside keep laughing on the inside!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: