History of Ceylon Tea - Forum
February 17, 2020, 10:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: George Templer - 1880 (circa) Any information or search help please?  (Read 2566 times)
Immortal Druid

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »

During family research I have discovered that my Great grandfather was born in Colombo, Ceylon. It appears as though his mother died in childbirth and I am trying to find a few more pieces of what has become a rather complicated jigsaw!

My Great Great grandfathers name was George Anson Templer, his wife was called Hesta (Hester) nee Harrison. Their son was born August 11 1880, the same day on which Hesta died.

I know from research that George Anson Templer and his new son George Walter Templer then returned to the UK. Not sure when they went to Ceylon, though indications are it was about 1879.

Can anyone help me with discovering whereabouts they were, ie which estate, what George was doing, ie was he a planter or was he employed in another capapcity (He was a qualified barrister so possible he was there in that capacity?)

Was Hesta buried in Colombo, and is there a copy of her death record anywhere? Is George the baby's birth registered in Colombo? If so is it possible to find a copy of it?

Sorry for the huge stack of questions! Any help would be most gratefully received, even just a pointing in the right direction!!

Many thanks Em
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: